The Syracuse Mets swept both games of a doubleheader with Norfolk. Syracuse took game one, 7–1. Dilson Herrera went 2-for-3 with a double, run scored and RBI. Rajai Davis and Danny Espinosa also had multi-hit games while René Rivera doubled and drove in two. Harol Gonzalez tossed six innings, allowing just one run on three hits.
Syracuse won game two, 4–2. Arismendy Alcántara went 2-for-3 with a double, run scored and RBI while Travis Taijeron also doubled to go along with a multi-hit game and stole a base.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies
Binghamton battled with Hartford, but lost 2–1. Mickey Jannis struck out 12 as he went seven innings of one-run ball. Andrés Giménez had a multi-hit game while Sam Haggerty and Quinn Brodey each recorded a double. Gavin Cecchini scored a run.
St. Lucie Mets
St. Lucie was defeated by Charlotte, 8–1. Jeremy Vasquez and Nick Meyer each reached base safely twice with a hit and walk. Cody Bohanek hit a solo shot in the loss.
Columbia was blanked by Rome last night, 4–0. Daison Acosta pitch six innings, allowing no earned runs. Jose Miguel Medina reached base safely twice with a double and a walk.
Brooklyn’s matchup with Tri-City was suspended in the top of the 6th inning with no score. Luke Ritter is 2-for-2 while pitcher Garrison Bryant has hurled five shutout innings, fanning six.
The Kingsport Mets collected 12 hits in a 9–8 win over Pulaski. Scott Ota and Cole Kleszcz each recorded three hit games. Jaylen Palmer and Anthony Dirocie each added a two-run homer; combining for seven RBI on the day. Brett Baty had a base hit and scored a run.
Mets Gulf Coast League
The GCL Mets defeated the GCL Nationals, 7–4. The Mets recorded 14 hits as Matt O’Neill had three of them and drove in two. Four other players (Corona, Berbesi, Rodriguez, Saunders) had multi-hit games for the Mets. Josh Wolf tossed two shutout innings, striking out one in his fourth GCL start.
Mets Dominican Summer League
The DSL Mets (1) shutout the DSL Twins for a 4–0 win. Kevin Hernandez pitched six scoreless innings. The DSL Mets (2) saw a 3–2 win over the DSL Rangers. Carlos Dominguez had a multi-hit game, scored a run and drove one in.
A LOOK AHEAD
- The Syracuse Mets continue their series with Norfolk today, first pitch is at 1:05 p.m.
- The Binghamton Rumble Ponies take on Hartford again today at 2:05 p.m.
- St. Lucie will play Charlotte today at 12:30 p.m.
- Colin Holderman will get the ball for the Columbia Fireflies in a game against Rome. First pitch is scheduled for 5:05 p.m.
- The Brooklyn Cyclones will complete their suspended game with Tri-City from last night. Brooklyn will play their regularly scheduled matchup with Tri-City at 4 p.m. following the completion of last night’s game.
- The Kingsport Mets take on Danville again at 4 p.m.